System with two operating systems in two disks

Matt Morgan matt.morgan-fedora-list at brooklynmuseum.org
Wed Jun 23 17:51:53 UTC 2004

On 06/22/2004 07:10 PM, Javier Perez wrote:

> [...]
Honestly, if it were me, I would just run the install, tell it to
install to that second disk, and let the installer update the MBR & grub
for me. It'll see the other OS on the other drive and try to handle it
for you, automatically. I know you're getting advice to do it other
ways, but I bet just letting the installer handle it will work.

Once I had a problem and had to go fix grub myself. That was a while
ago, with a RH9 + Windows 98 dual-boot system. It wasn't the hardest
thing to do, even though I had never tried it before. If your current
install on disk1 is doing something really important, I would recommend
reading about grub config first, so you know what to expect, but there's
a very good chance the installer will just get it right.