Yum update Service help

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 23 17:58:02 UTC 2004

James Kosin said:

> Ooops,
> ~  William was correct, I just checked it out.  It was an assumption on
> my part. ~  The problem is everything in cron.daily gets run at 4:00am
> always.

IIRC anacron should take care of running it if your machine isn't on.

Also note that the the "-R" switch used by the default yum.cron causes yum to wait a random time (up to 10 minutes for the first command and 120 minutes for the second).  If you set it to run at 9 pm, then turn the machine off at 10 pm it may not have ran yet.

--
William Hooper