fortune and wanda the gnome fish

timjoseph at cox.net timjoseph at cox.net
Wed Jun 23 20:41:03 UTC 2004

I'm new to the list.  I'll keep this as short as possible:

I'm trying to get wanda the gnome fish applet working in gnome on FC1.  I know to point it to the fortune program (currently in my /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver directory), but when I run fortune, I simply get my system info.  No quotes.  What gives?  As I understand from the man page, if I just run fortune with no arguements, then it will display random quotes.  Am I missing a file?  I did a full install..

Thanks
Tim