[FC2] - AVM Fritz card not recognized

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Jun 23 21:59:01 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote/ha scritto, On/il 23/06/2004 20:18:

>Am Mi, den 23.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 6:32:
>

>>and this is the output of my lspci command:
>>00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX Host bridge
>>(rev 02)
>>00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 440BX/ZX/DX - 82443BX/ZX/DX AGP bridge
>>(rev 02)
>>00:07.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 02)
>>00:07.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)
>>00:07.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)
>>00:07.3 Bridge: Intel Corp. 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 02)
>>00:10.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8029(AS)
>>00:11.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8029(AS)
>>00:12.0 Multimedia video controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo 2
>>(rev 02)
>>01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. 86c368 [Trio 3D/2X] (rev 02)
>>

>> Antonio Montagnani
>>

>Antonio,
>
>as Christoph already said, there is no ISDN card recognized by your
>system - on the very base, not on a high level with driver support! So
>it does not matter what you put then in there in any configuration file,
>it will not work.
>
>I would first suggest you first find out and say whether this is an ISA
>card or a PCI card - that too Christoph asked. If it is an ISA card it
>would explain why it is not listed by lspci (-> ls_pci_). The setup
>would then differ. Actually I don't know how and if ISA cards work with
>FC2. I remember a bugzilla article where someone from @redhat.com (Dave
>Jones?) said, that ISA cards are now unsupported for quite a long time.
>Probably that means the need to compile a custom 2.6 kernel with ISA
>support. Would be nice to know as I own an old Fritz!Classic ISA
>(running on RH9 flawless for voice box and fax).
>
>If your card is ISA it is important that you check your motherboard BIOS
>and make sure you assign a specific IRQ for that card so that this one
>is not used by any other thing in your machine. It is too very important
>that you set "PnP OS NO". That is important too if your card is PCI. In
>that case you will not have to reserve an IRQ for the card as it is able
>to share the IRQ. But better to give it his own. Not in the BIOS but by
>carefully selecting a good PCI slot. It's worth to change the current
>PCI slot and try a different one. At that time check that the card is
>correct plugged in!
>
>Alexander

Alexander and Christopher,

it is late now so I can't check your suggestions but:

1) the card is PCI Fritcard PnP
2) the card was working in FC1 as eth2 (and before in RH9 and RH8,) that
is a week ago, so I would exclude any hardware failure!!!!

The file isdncard is equivalent to Christopher's, but I can't understand
why I have this file (unless it does take in account that FC2 is un
upgrade from FC1....)

Tnx to everybody

--

 Antonio Montagnani

 Working with  Mozilla 1.6 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 2