[FC2] - AVM Fritz card not recognized

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 23 22:46:44 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 23.06.2004 schrieb antonio montagnani um 23:59:

> Alexander and Christopher,
>
> it is late now so I can't check your suggestions but:
>
> 1) the card is PCI Fritcard PnP

Ok. Then the card is not proper in the PCI slot or the card is broken
now. And as I said check your BIOS settings.

> 2) the card was working in FC1 as eth2 (and before in RH9 and RH8,) that
> is a week ago, so I would exclude any hardware failure!!!!

An ISDN card is no ethernet device! So eth2 is wrong under any
circumstances.

> The file isdncard is equivalent to Christopher's, but I can't understand
> why I have this file (unless it does take in account that FC2 is un
> upgrade from FC1....)

The file is there to give HiSaX the proper data about your ISDN card!
The hisax kernel module is for many ISDN cards. Just read the kernel
documentation.

>  Antonio Montagnani

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 00:43:50 up 23:22, 8 users, 1.25, 1.35, 1.45