KVM

Eric Diamond eric at ediamond.net
Thu Jun 24 04:23:03 UTC 2004

Wednesday, June 23, 2004 9:56 PM admin at kclinux.net added:

> Seems from the past week of everyone talking about Belkin KVM
> problems,
> Fedora definitely has a problem with Belkin.  :)

Ah, excuse me, but that would be FC2, and more accurately the 2.6
kernel, that has the problem with Belkin KVMs (and other makes as well).

I'm using a Belkin OmniView SE 4-port KVM with one windows box and three
FC1 boxes. It works like a charm with a Logitech cordless marble
trackball. Absolutely zero problems. I also have an old Cybex 4-port
with two other FC1 boxes on it and it's working like a charm too. The
mouse wheel works across both with no observable problems whatsoever.

Please see this post for a possible non-FC2 specific fix:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg06197.html

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
eric<at>ediamond[dot]net