Fedora Core 2 on Proliant

Alex Haehnel hotwire at eckat.com
Thu Jun 24 08:21:51 UTC 2004

Hello Rick,

I've installed FC1/FC2 on several ProLiant servers, not on a ML570 so
far though. According to the infos you provided I assume this is a G1
server. Chipsets, SMART Array controllers etc. are very similiar, use
same driver modules (cciss i.e.). Most of the times I've never had any
issues with hardware / driver support, it ran out of the box. Never have
bothered to install server agents, since there are no packages supplied
for FC by HP/Compaq.

Give it a try, it runs pretty good.

Alex