x86 or x86_64 ISO Download

CHAPMAN - Ian Paul i.p.chapman at tees.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 12:43:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 19:40, rayzor at rf3labs.com wrote:

> I am new to Linux and would like to know what I need to download - x86 or
> x86_64 ISO? I am not sure what type of processor I have. I have RH9 installed
> on this machine that I'm trying to upgrade to Fedora, is there a way to check
> my processor type so I can download the appropriate ISO?

If you're not sure which version to download then download the 32bit X86
version. You'd know if you needed the 64bit version. To find out what
CPU you have installed in your machine, type the following from the
command line:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

--
Ian Chapman - UNIX Systems Administrator
School of Computing - University of Teesside