Problems with FC 2 - Touch-pad and PCMCIA Ethernet card

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 13:40:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 04:04, Daniele Masini wrote:
> I change the line as you told me, and the system now can see my Ethernet PCMCIA
> card. But the eth0 interface does not come up. So, after the boot my Ethernet
> PCMCIA card lights are on but I have

I learned from the list that to get a pcmcia network card to start on
boot up you need to tell it NOT TO START ON BOOT in the network
configuration window.

This still seems very odd, but it works.  What happens is when the
pcmcia services get started (after the network services) the card will
automatically come on line.

Give it a try.  It worked for me and several others here.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Nobody ever forgets where he buried the hatchet.
		-- Kin Hubbard