KVM

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 13:54:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 06:57, edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:

> > Could it be the problem with the GL screen savers?
> > --
> > Scot L. Harris
> > webid at cfl.rr.com
>
> Can you elaborate a little more on this?

There have been numerous reports that on certain systems there appear to
be some screen savers (people generally point to the GL screen savers)
that cause a system to hang.

I don't think anyone has nailed this one down but I have seen enough
posts to believe there is something that is broken under certain
conditions.  Most of the time if they chose one simple screen saver or
just blank the screen the problem seems to go away.

I have seen similar things on some of my systems.  In one case I had a
heat problem with a particular motherboard.  I have since replaced the
motherboard and have not had any problems.  But I have seen this on
another box running the GLmatrix screen saver.  I don't believe this to
be a heat problem.  It happens so infrequently on this box however that
I can not report changing the screen saver has resolved this issue.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

There's nothing very mysterious about you, except that
nobody really knows your origin, purpose, or destination.