FC2 to RH9

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 24 13:46:20 UTC 2004

On Jun 24, 2004 at 11:00, Ted Gervais in a soothing rage wrote:

>Has anyone thought of going back to RH9?
I haven't. I am aktually thinking of moving my main
machine to FC2 this weekend. It is currently on RH9
and is sorely in need of an upgrade. The only thing
holding me back is that I want to move from mbox to
maildir, sendmail to postfix and imap. I'll need to
read up on the maildir format and how it relates to
both postfix and dovecot.

>That release had virtually no
>problems and while it was the last supported release it still is/was better
>than the fedora distributions.  I am thinking of the problems with the
>sound, scanners, and other hardware devices and applications.  I would have
>thought that after FC1 that FC2 would have had all the current concerns
>fixed and it would have been as good as RH9.  Turns out, it is many steps
>behind the last RedHat release and makes one wonder about continuing.
>
>Anyway - just wondering if others have had the same thought about going
>back to what was better than the current FC2 release??
Conveniently ignoring the fact that RH9 -> RHEL3 and
not FC1 or FC2. 'FC is a test bed.' That should be a
mantra. If you have 'production' machine that cannot
go down, move to another distro. For my usage, FC is
near perfect. I've not had any problems with it that
I could not adjust to. Yep, DPMS shuts of my monitor
after 20 minutes. A good time to take a break.

N.Emile...
"If a computer can't directly address all the RAM you can use, it's just a toy."
-- anonymous comp.sys.amiga posting, non-sequitir
 09:32:56  up 16:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00