KVM-additional

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 15:09:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 10:42, Claude Jones wrote:
> Roger: I, too, am having the KVM problem. I'm a very new user, so pardon if the question
> is simplistic. Once I use your method and get the log-on prompt, how do I switch back to
> the GUI?
>

> If you are switching the monitor as well as keyboard and mouse.
> Try leaving the machine on a text session.
> I found that when my mouse goes wild after a switch, doing a CTRL+ALT+F1
> and straight back to the gui tamed it.
> Worth a try any way, move the mose a bit and then switch back to the gui.
> regards Roger

The best fix I have found so far for the "crazy mouse" problem is the
following:

Have seen this problem as well on the Belkin KVMs.

I came across this item on another list.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-February/msg00739.html

They say to put psmouse.proto=bare on the kernel command line or
proto=bare on the psmouse module command line.

There was some discussion of two other options imps and exps.  exps
apparently causes the mouse jumping problem.  imps appears to get a
mouse with a wheel working as expected.

I used the imps option which works great on my system.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Not to laugh, not to lament, not to curse, but to understand.
		-- Spinoza