VPN connects but can't logon

Billy Davis bdavis at cds-corp.com
Thu Jun 24 16:26:15 UTC 2004

We have a Linksys BDFVP41 VPN router installed at each of two locations (host and remote).  They each connect to the internet with a dynamic IP address.  They each also attach to a switch on a local network.  On the host end, a Redhat Server and multiple Win XP PCs are also connected to the switch.  On the remote end, several Win XP PCs are connected to the switch.

We enabled VPN on the two routers, and we can successfully connect the tunnel.  However, we are unable to connect any PC on the remote end, to the Redhat Server on the host end.  The remote end local subnet is 200.0.1.0 and the host local subnet is 200.0.0.0.  Seems to me that we have to do something to allow these two different subnets to recognize each other.  Does anyone know what we need to do?

Our main objective here is to allow the Win XP PCs on the remote end to use Putty to login to the Redhat Server on the host end, and run accounting applications, all thru the VPN tunnel.

Please help.

Thanks,
BDavis