lame servers resolving

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jun 24 16:35:01 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 24.06.2004 schrieb olga at urbantimes.net um 18:22:

[ reordered because of top-posting ]

> > you are sure you carefully read the bind documentation? I say this
> > because running an own name server is no playground and can cause much
> > trouble and data loss if you do it wrong!
> >
> Well, I try to do my best, but I've been involved in it a relatively
short
> time (last half year or so). I do not have as extensive logging section as
> you do; but so far we haven't had much problem with dns.
>  Olga,

Olga,

I just "warned" because a proper running DNS is essential and
misconfiguring it involves much trouble with a lot of other services.
Its a very central service and requires careful hands.

Either, putting in the "null logging" of lame servers do no harm as long
as you put it at the proper place inside the named.conf, which you
meantime did.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 18:30:26 up 1 day, 17:08, load average: 0.39, 0.21, 0.26