Will apt be in FC3?

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Thu Jun 24 22:19:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 16:10 -0500, Satish Balay wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> <snip yum flamebits>
> >
> > So "Will apt be in FC3"?

It's in Fedora Extras right now for all systems.  Everything available
via YUM is also available via APT.  "yum install apt"

> Sounds like a question for fedora-devel list. I would think this would
> involve :
>
> - adding apt.rpm to the list of packages
> - also packing/regenerationg 'repository-database' for apt on all CDs
>    and mirrors.

  - fixing the problems with APT.  No multilib, poor failover, etc.

Search through the fedora-devel-list archives.  There are dozens of
messages discussing why YUM is used rather than APT.

feature.  Can APT be supported in addition to YUM?  It has always been
in Fedora Extras.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/