FC2 - No Sound in KDE

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 23:33:23 UTC 2004

On Friday 25 Jun 2004 00:13, Ted Gervais wrote:

> I have sound.  All my mp3's play perfectly. I just don't have sound in
> KDE.  But I used to have sound in KDE before I re-installed the drivers
> and added additional ones .  I guess that is where the problem is at,
> but funny thing - I have sound in gnome but not kde.??
> Must be a way I can turn it on in KDE.  A switch or something, but when
> I go to the sound control areas in KDE, and run the test - I have
> sound.  But no sound for the notification areas..

Hmmm, have you checked out Control Centre > Sound multimedia > system
notifications, assuming its the system notifications that are not working
on your system, you can turn on all sounds here..
I take it from your post the "test sound" works in the kde Control Centre.

Can you play any of the sounds from "system notifications" area?

Cheers,

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.7
KDE-Redhat-3.2.3