FC2 + Gnome + Moving Windows "Grid" placeholders

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jun 25 02:24:08 UTC 2004

Today's main topic for me is FC2+Gnome. You've guessed it.. I'm finally
migrating from my old Install to a FC2. It's a big leap for me, (in some
sense anyhow)

Fresh install. (the upgrade didn't fare too well with all my
customisations)

On Gnome-2.6, when you move a window around, it defaults to showing you
"placeholders". It's Supposed to help save resources but it's giving me
a headache. I want to turn it off. It interferes with my Xterm windows.
Everytime I do a Dbl-click to roll up the window, I see the placeholder,
that's not too bad, but when I dbl-click again to return to their
original state, the stupid placeholders does not go off. I think Xterm
is not refreshing it's window, causing these remmnants.

Anyone knows how to solve this??