Handspring Treo300 vs FC2

Romain Kang romain at kzsu.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 25 15:00:35 UTC 2004

There are in fact two USB ports that attach. IIRC, one is for sync
type operations and the other for telecom (i.e., modems), and I
think modern versions of PalmOS switch the sense of the two ports.

I'm using the second ttyUSB port with a Treo 600.  (That's ttyUSB1
for you; I have a USB serial convertor always plugged in, so my
pilot ports are USB1/USB2 and USB2 is the sync port).  The same
worked for a Treo 180.

I use pilot-link rather than gnome-pilot, since I'm a CLI sorta
guy.  Something like the following command backs up everything
from the Palm:
	pilot-xfer -p <port> -b <backupdir>
Also, I've used the old Tk/Tcl "ical" app for years, so syncal keeps
the Treo and my desktop calendars in sync.

Romain