up2date problem

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 25 16:16:49 UTC 2004

James Lawrence said:
>>> i get an error when i try to run up2date via the red icon.
>>
>> And that error would be???
>>
> :Pengy:
> Error Message:
> Please run rhn_register (or up2date --register on Red Hat Linux 8.0)
> as root on this client Error Class Code: 9
> Error Class Info: Invalid System Credentials.

You have tried to register with RHN (and again, Fedora isn't a supported Red Hat product).  You should be able to fix this by commenting out the "up2date default" in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.

It seems to be that there might be an option that needs reset in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date, but I'd have to find that in the archives.

--
William Hooper