problems with system-config-bind

Timothy Stone citylists at petmystone.com
Fri Jun 25 16:46:37 UTC 2004

Masters of the Fedora,

Is it me, or is it the tool, but system-config-bind really just doesn't
seem to make the cut.

I'm moving a bind 9.2.1 config (from RHL8) to FC2 bind (installed via
rpm) and the system-config-bind tool either:

1. doesn't launch

or

2. writes nonsensical zone files

My caching only server config from RHL8 worked, I would say flawlessly,
but the config doesn't like it. Now, I'm worried that a) my config was
always broken and system-config-bind is trying to tell me something or
b) the tool is hosed.

In case it matters, I host multiple domains.

Comments?

Many thanks in advance,
Tim

--

/**
  * Timothy Stone  . www.petmystone.com
  * Harrisburg PA  . javafueled at petmystone.com
  * USA            . coffee fueled macintosh zealot
  *
  * "This Satan's drink [coffee] is so
  *  delicious, we shall cheat Satan and
  *  baptize it."