up2date problem

James Lawrence linuxjim at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 25 18:04:12 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>>>It would be "useRhn" and should be set to "0"
>>>

>>the attackment im sending is a copy of    up2date from the
>>/etc/sysconfig/rhn/ dir
>>

>Why? Wouldn't it be sufficent to say that the "useRhn" isn't there?  Did you check the sources file?

not sure what i'm looking for so please be patient....
Sources file
### this describes the various package repos up2date will look into
### for packages. It currently supports apt-rpm repos, yum repos,
### and "dir" repos

### format is one repo entry per line, # starts comments, the
### first word on each line is the type of repo.

### the default rhn (using "default" as the url means
### use the one in the up2date config file
#up2date default

### When a channel-label is required for the non up2date repo's,
### the label is solely used as an internal identifier and is not
### based on the url or any other info from the repo.

### an apt style repo, this time arjanv's 2.6 kernel repo
### format is:
### type  channel-label      service:server        path        repo name

#apt arjan-2.6-kernel-i386 http://people.redhat.com ~arjanv/2.5/ kernel

### Note that for apt repos, there can be multiple repo names specified
### space seperated.

### an yum style repo
### format:
### type  channel-label     url
up2date default
yum fedora-core-2
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/$ARCH/os/
yum updates-released-fc2
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/$ARCH/

yum-mirror fedora-core-2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
yum-mirror updates-released-fc2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2
#yum updates-testing
http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever
#yum-mirror updates-testing
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-testing

### a local directory full of packages
### format
#dir my-favorite-rpms-i386-9 /var/spool/RPMS/

# multiple versions of all repos except "up2date" can be used. Deps
# can be resolved "cross-repo" if need b