up2date problem

James Lawrence linuxjim at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jun 25 18:47:22 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>James Lawrence said:
>

>>not sure what i'm looking for so please be patient....
>>

>Which would be why I left in what I told you to look for the first time...
>
>[snip]
>

>>#up2date default
>>

>Hmm... looks like you are configured correctly.
>
>Try moving your "systemid" file out of the way (though it shouldn't matter).  What is the output of:
>
>rpm -qa | grep up2date
>rpm -qa | grep rhn-applet
>
>Also to double check, run
>
>up2date-nox --configure
>
>and make sure that option 1 (the usrRhn option) is set to No.

[jim at My_World jim]$ rpm -qa | grep up2date
up2date-4.3.19-1
up2date-gnome-4.3.19-1
[jim at My_World jim]$ rpm -qa | grep rhn-applet
rhn-applet-2.1.7-1.1
[jim at My_World jim]$ su
Password:
[root at My_World jim]# up2date-nox --configure

up2date-nox --configure
userhn = Yes

i changed it to NO
ran up2date
wants me to log into the RedHat network for updates create a account etc...