[OT] New worm attacks

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Fri Jun 25 18:47:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:31:45 -0400, Edward Croft <ecroft at OPENRATINGS.com>
wrote:

> Just trying to spread the word. There is a new worm that is attacking
> IIS servers. It puts a piece of code on web pages and then infects PCs
> that use Internet Explorer to access the web server. The infection loads
> software on the users PC to steal keyclicks and send them to the writer.
> There are three holes in IIS, two were patched in April. The last MS is
> still working on. MS recommends users turn off javascript in Internet
> Explorer.
> The security experts are taking this one step further and advising users
> to switch to Opera or Mozilla.
> I know this is a Fedora group, but some of us manage these other high
> risk machines. Just trying to spread the word to help minimize the
> damage.
> Thank you for your indulgence.

Okay, being the total skeptic I am, do you have any links to provide
additional info on this?  I've not heard anything concerning this one and
would like additional resources to look at.  Not that I think you are
BS'ing, I mean it is IE and all, but I'd like more detail to give to my
superiors.

--
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.