Another sendmail relaying problem.

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jun 25 20:00:11 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 25.06.2004 schrieb Franco um 19:48:

> Sorry, i speach very bad english,
> i'm already installed spamassassin with clamav antivirus and
> all work fine i want block the e-mail sent through my smtp
> with mail from as one of my local user.

If I understand you right then you configured an open relay with
relaying allowed based on email addresses. Please cut the mail server's
internet connection immediately until you configured it proper.

Do not allow relaying based on email addresses. Addresses are easy to be
faked even by morons.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 21:58:29 up 2 days, 20:36, load average: 0.31, 0.23, 0.25