mplayer question.

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Sat Jun 26 01:33:07 UTC 2004

I know this is probably a question for an mplayer mailing list, but I
thought I would run it by here first.  I installed the mplayer packages
using apt-get and I think I've got them right, but whenever I try to
watch a movie file with mplayer I get an error message "Error
opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device"
I don't know what this means.  Everything else that came with Fedora
Core seems to work fine with my hardware.  I thought the video out
device was the video card and monitor.  Can anyone here help me with
this?
-Michael Sullivan-