DVD Decrypter equavalent for Linux

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 26 16:42:05 UTC 2004

Eric Krieger wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 07:31, Robert wrote:
>

>>I hate to sound dumb & lazy but did you happen to sketch a rough road
>>map for navigating Dependency Hell enroute to installing that package?
>>I've tried both FC-1 and FC-2 and felt like I was battling the Hydra.
>

> Hmmmm....  running...
>
> yum install perl-Video-DVDRip
>
> ...with the following in your yum.conf should resolve all the needed
> dependencies.
>
> [freshrpms]
> name=FreshRPMs
> baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms/
> http://ftp.us2.freshrpms.net/linux/freshrpms/ayo/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms/
> #gpgcheck=1
>

> Eric
Thanks for the reply.

The above works fine for FC-2, where my DVD burner ain't; not so fine
for FC-1, where my DVD burner is:

Resolving dependencies
...Package mplayer-mencoder needs libdv.so.2, this is not available.
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at mavis root]# rpm -qa | grep libdv

<snip>

Decision time for me.

Regards,
Robert