Losing files on USB drive

Eitan Bonderover redyaky_lists at alltel.net
Sat Jun 26 19:17:08 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I've been having problems with the contents of files simply disappearing.

I am running fedora core 1, AMD64 version. I have a Western Digital
250GB USB 2.0 drive attached to the system onto to which I often
download video files.

Just this morning I had finished a particularly long download to this
drive. I moved the files over to another directory on the same drive.
I've been watching these files all morning until now, when I tried to
watch the next in the series, the contents of all these files was
suddenly 0 (except the one I was just watching).

This has happened before, but I took it for a fluke. I've had trouble
with this system before, but this seems very unusual.

If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Eitan