IPv6 not routing

David Curtis dcurtis at vif.com
Sat Jun 26 23:27:51 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I've just started goofing around with IPv6, so if my problem seems
trivial please forgive.  I am using linux/FC2, and have the
freenet6-client rpm installed, the .conf file is edited and a tscp -vvv
shows all is working well (at least I think so). Ifconfig shows all my
interfaces are operational including a sit1 IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel.

Now, when trying to get to http://www.freenet6.net/ or
http://www.sixxs.net/ with the tunnel, both sites fail over to IPv4.
A site called http://www.ip6.wittsend.com/ just times out. (Using
Mozilla 1.6). This is with or without a tunnel.

Ping6 will not route, neither will traceroute6, this is with or without
a tunnel.

Funny thing though, when doing an apt-get update the freshrpms.net repo
resolves to an IPv6 address, no latency, this is _without_ a tunnel.
With the tunnel things are way slow. And yes my eth0 interface has an
IPv6 address without invoking tscp.  What gives?

If anyone can straighten this out, it would be appreciated. If you need
output from tscp or ifconfig let me know.

TIA,

Dave