[OT] Small Form Factor PCs

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Sun Jun 27 01:25:53 UTC 2004

I know this is a bit off-topic, but y'all seem to have good advice so
thought I might throw this out there....

I have been trying to do some research on Small Form Factor PCs and seem
to have located three manufacturers that seem to meet my needs:

Biostar IDEQ 200 (www.biostar-usa.com)
Shuttle XPC (www.shuttle.com)
Little PC LP401 (www.littlepc.com)

My question pretty much boils down to see if anyone has worked with or
has an opinion on any of these.

My basic desire is to set up a SFF file server for the various household
PCs to connect to.  My requirements are pretty much that it be able to
house a 200GB+ HD and have it run Linux....  I also am looking to have
something that will be lower power consumption.....

Any advice??  And any suggestions on retailers for any of these??

TIA,

--Rob