Force Nautilus to refresh thumbnails (was Re: Video thumbnails gone -- how to regenerate?)

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sun Jun 27 12:08:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 12:42, Dexter Ang wrote:

> I've found that deleting the ~/.thumbnails folder makes nautilus
> generate thumbnails again. You could try that.

Hi Dex. Yeah, I have tried that, and images get their thumbnails
regenerated but video files don't. I've tried restarting Nautilus,
logging out and logging back in, and even rebooting. Also I've tried
downloading some new video files and seeing if they get a thumbnail and
they don't. As this worked in livna.org's previous version of totem but
now isn't after upgrading to their latest update last week I'm assuming
this is a totem bug and have filed a bug report at bugzilla.livna.org.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com