Burning CDs with Nautilus, high failure rate

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Sun Jun 27 22:01:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 20:01 +0100, Leon Stringer wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced this huge drop in reliability?

Works flawlessly for me recording at 52x.  I've recorded dozens of CDs
and frequently run md5sum against the contents.

> Are there any specific bugs posted around this that I can monitor?

Look in Bugzilla for cdrtools.  There's one which mentions buffer
underrun protection isn't enabled by default on his drive.

> Or should I give up with Nautilus?

Do what you will.  ;-)  Try running cdrecord by itself and see if it
mentions enabling BURN Free or whatnot.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/