upgrading OpenOffice and Mozilla

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Mon Jun 28 00:34:19 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 03:42, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> No. I wanted to know for what its worth to use these specific software
> versions and not those shipped by Fedora. I requested for arguments.

Not sure about OOo, but as far as Mozzie is concerned, version 1.7
contains a new killer feature (for me): the password manager can
*display* saved passwords.

I've got a lot of web site passwords that only my browser remembers. If
I should ever lose that file I'm screwed. That's why I can't wait to see
1.7 packed for FC2. With FC2, I try not to replace packages with
self-compiled or otherwise sourced stuff, like I've done all those years
before. It sooner or later results in an unmanageable mess, and a lot of
time spent on re-compiling sources in an attempt to find compatible
library versions across a number of apps (like mplayer, transcode and
kino, for example).

In fact, one of the main attractions of FC2 to me was that (unlike with
RH) you wouldn't have to do that because of the rapid renewal cycle.

Cheers
Steffen.