RTL8139 Full Duplex with a non-modular kernel

Gerard Sharpe gerards at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Jun 28 14:39:35 UTC 2004

Hi, I am after some advice for setting a RTL8139 NIC to 100MB full duplex on
a non-modular kernel.

I can do this with a modular kernel, but am not sure how to go about it on a
monolithic kernel. The mii-tool does not seem to support the rtl8139 driver
installed with the 2.4.26 kernel and reports incorrectly that the card is
already at 100baseT-FD. using rtl8139-diag shows the eeprom is set to
10baseT-HD but for the life of me cannot work out how to set it to
100baseT-FS (have tried rtl8139-diag -w -F 100baseT-FD without success).

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thx

Gerard