How to clean virus-infected files ?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Jun 28 15:47:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 06:16, Alberto M R Davila wrote:
> Thanks Charles,
>
> But... I have also viruses in my evolution mbox files:
>
> > //home/mine/evolution/local/KBD/mbox: Exploit.IFrame.Gen FOUND
> > //home/mine/evolution/local/2002/mbox: Exploit.IFrame.Gen FOUND
> > //home/mine/evolution/local/2003/mbox: Exploit.IFrame.Gen FOUND
>
> If anyone has "any" further tip, please kindly let me know.
>
> Thanks.

I agree with Charles' recommendation.  The virus in your mbox file
should be deleted (the mail message, not the mbox)

This usually means that it was received as an email, and as such, the
mail message can be deleted to get rid of it (although why it shows up
in 3 different evolution folders is a puzzler).