FC1 netgear FA311 [kinda solved]

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Tue Jun 29 05:02:06 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 18:03, John McBride wrote:
>

>>>Do some BIOSes not have the ability to ignore #PERR on PCI?  Have a look at
>>>your settings.
>>>

>>Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my Bios does not have this setting.
>
> disable the plug and play feature of the motherboard.
>
> Not sure that would help in your situation or if your motherboard has
> that option.

Yes it has this option (as well as a slew of options for setting legacy
stuff) on the PCI/ISA bus.

I tried several combinations of these settings just now and the failure
mode is always the same on the K-6/2 system.

I also tried removing all cards except video on the machine, having only
the MacPhyter netgear FA311 card in the machine, and then (again) trying
a number of combinations of the BIOS settings.

The failure mode is always the same...eth0 : PCI error 0x800000.

It's too bad the scyld.com website is in such disarray...I'd almost like

---
John