Fedora Core 2 and audio

Steve Cooke stephen.cooke at dpiwe.tas.gov.au
Tue Jun 29 05:31:53 UTC 2004

Florin Andrei wrote:
>>I tried to run yum but that failed also
>>I assume there is a config file somewhere that will allow me to set a
>>proxy or some such.
>
> export http_proxy="http://your.proxy.here:8080"
> Then run yum.

Thank you once again.

Bloody hell!! Well, I did what you suggested I do to get yum to work,
and ran 'yum list.' It must have downloaded 50 or more packages! It also
told me that system-config-soundcard is installed (thank you yum - the
fact that I used it before should have alerted me to the fact that it
was installed!!) and that it is the latest version. I'll do as you say
and avoid the alsaplayer.

BTW, is there a reason for the spurning of alsaplayer?

Regards,
Steve Cooke.