sendmail.mc

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 29 11:53:45 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 29.06.2004 schrieb Michael Sullivan um 3:48:

> mailman stopped sending me email when it creates a new list.  I think
> it's a sendmail problem because it was working until I started messing
> with sendmail.mc and like a fool I forgot to back up sendmail.mc before
> I started messing with it.  Could someone send me a working sendmail.mc
> with instructions of how to alter it for my domain, or otherwise give me
> a link to a site that would have a good example?  As usual, I had
> diffulty making sense of the docs.  Thank you for your help.

rpm2cpio sendmail-8.12.11-4.6.i386.rpm | cpio -ivd
./etc/mail/sendmail.mc

That will extract the default .mc file. How should someone know what
maybe needed adjustments for _your_ domain shoud be? Here is the
cf/README in good readable HTML format:

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html

If you yourself don't know what and why to set with your SMTP server you
really shouldn't run one.

As a general hint: use the logs your system generates. That is always
the starting point.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 13:49:51 up 2 days, 15:37, load average: 0.06, 0.15, 0.22