nautilus wacked out

James Lawrence linuxjim at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jun 29 15:46:20 UTC 2004

D. D. Brierton wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 16:29, James Lawrence wrote:
>

>>last night i changed the way my icons are arranged in nautilus. when i
>>logged out, i check "save current set up"
>>

>Actually, that "save current set up" concerns session management, not
>your desktop preferences which should be saved immediately when you
>change them.
>

>>when i logged back in this
>>morning, they were back  to the old way.  what gives?
>>

>Sorry, I'm not sure. Perhaps something wrong with gconf?
>

>>another thing,
>>if i type in :  rpm -qa  | sort -o ~/rpmlist1.txt this should output a
>>txt file with all my rpms on my machine. it doesn't do it any ideas?
>>

>Shouldn't that be:
>
>rpm -qa  | sort -o > ~/rpmlist1.txt
>
>Best, Darren

solved 1 problem the outputted file was put into roots home directory
not mine ( duh, i su to root to do other things) so i have my list here
is a snip of it

mod_python-3.1.3-1
mod_ssl-2.0.49-4
modutils-2.4.26-16
mozilla-1.6-8
mozilla-nspr-1.6-8
mozilla-nss-1.6-8
mpage-2.5.3-7

 shows that Mozilla  version 1.6 is installed, not 1.7 which is what i'm
useing