Dynamic Traffic Limiting

Ed K. ed at hp.uab.edu
Tue Jun 29 15:54:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Alex Mamtchenkov wrote:
> I have a network of 6 PCs connected to an internet through a linux box
> with two interfaces using masquarading.
>
> One of the PC in the network have BitTorrent running and I need to limit
> the BitTorrent according to a network load so that all the
> non-BitTorrent requests are served with the higher priority.
>
> How can I do that?

Start reading here:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.cookbook.ultimate-tc.html

I use this script on the high bandwidth interface/computer to allow
for the rest of the computers to use the internet too.

ed

Security on the internet is impossible without strong, open,
and unhindered encryption.