First Install of Fedora

Michael Cortes cortesm at fortleboeuf.net
Tue Jun 29 17:24:33 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 07:59 am, Michael Cortes wrote:
> We have several linux servers.   RH 7.2 and RH9
>
> I also have RH9 on my laptop.
>
> I jut d/l'ed and was getting reading to install FC2 and I got to the
> question of new install or upgrade.
>
> I thought I could not run the upgrade from the old RedHat distros to Fedora
> but Fedora correctly identified my previous installation of RH9 and seemed
> to give me the option of upgrading.
>
> Can i do an upgrade and not lose my settings?

How about this.....?

I have 20 gb available of unused space on my 80gb laptop drive.  Can I do a
new install and use this space, keep my existing RH9 and WXP installation and
choose to boot between the three via grub?

I have already copied the grub.conf file so I can renter the setting for my xp
boot and my current rh9 boot.

--

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District