FC2 und Partition Magic

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 30 03:05:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 09:16:44PM +0200, Thoralf Polet wrote:
> Since running FC2 on my system Partition Magic refuses
> to start reporting errors regarding the hard disk
> structure. Any thoughts on that?

I've run into the same problems on a Mandrake 10.0 system (I wouldn't
use PM on a system with Fedora on it). I have a feeling Partition
Magic isn't all that magical with ext3 partitions. I think there must
be something Linux fdisk (or Disk Druid) does that's legal, but
freaks Partition Magic out. Previously I've looked in the manual
for PM and researched the error messages with good results. The
manual used to be very good with detailed info on error messages.
I don't have a current version of PM, so I'm not sure what
documentation is like now. Partition Magic has been around for
a long time, and has helped me out many times, but it doesn't
always work. They tell you to back everything up for a reason.