Kernel 2.6.7 and NVIDIA

Mike Clow m_clow at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 03:34:54 UTC 2004

I know this has prob been asked a thousand times before but....
I have recently downloaded the source for kernel 2.6.7 and recompiled with
8K stacks instead of 4.  Nvidia Driver still freezes machine on boot.  I am
thinking I missed changing something in the kernel config.  I ran make
oldconfig to generate a .config file (based on kernel 2.6.6-1.435) in my
linux-2.6.7 dir, than ran make xconfig changed my CPU to Athlon, made sure I
was using 8K stacks and left the rest defaulted to my .config
file......Booted new kernel, Installed the Nvidia Drivers, made changes to
xorg.conf.  System freezes on boot.  Did I miss changing something in the
kernel config?? Any suggestions??