sane-backends-1.0.14

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Wed Jun 30 12:42:00 UTC 2004

Eric,

I am not sure you want to open yourself up to this in yum.

That version of sane-backends is in the development tree (Rawhide) and
was something I had to get to support my USB based HP Scanjet (working
great now).  I found them at the following URL:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/

I ended up grabbing sane-backends, sane-frontends, xsane, and xsane-gimp
figuring I better keep them together as a group.

I recommend you download manually into a separate directory and then run
"rpm -Uvh *.rpm" from that directory (without the quotes).

My worry is that if you were to add the development tree to yum.conf,
you may at some point do a "yum update" that would end up upgrading
everything you have into the "theoretically unstable" tree from
development.

YMMV,

--Rob