FC2 Hangs (acpi?)

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Wed Jun 30 13:16:26 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 07:26 pm, Wesley (Buck) Lemke wrote:
> I did a clean install of FC2.  I have been keeping up2date with all the
> packages, so currently I am running 2.6.6-1.435, however all three
> kernels have had the same problem (2.6.6-1.427 and 2.6.5-1.358).  The
> machine will just completely lock up after about a day.  This usually
> happens when the screen saver is on, so I assumed it was related to the
> video card some how.  I started reading through this list and read about
> the 8k stack problem with the nVidia driver (I have a GeForce 3).
>
> Does the 8k stack problem affect the generic driver that ships with
> FC2?  I haven't installed the nVidia driver yet.
<snip>

FWIW, I had lockups when I use nVidia GeForce with the generic driver. But
IIRC, it was only the X. I could SSH to the machine and kill X, for example.
I didn't pursue the problem since I was only testing/play around with the
machine. I ended up putting RHEL in it (which I had plan for before). Sorry
couldn't more help.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja