Red Hat 9 to FC2 and email

Burn Alting burn at goldweb.com.au
Wed Jun 30 12:40:52 UTC 2004

Hi peoples,

I just installed FC2 onto my system which was running Redhat 9.0 (RH9)

On the RH9 system I used to serve some users e-mail accounts using pop3.
As these were casual Windows users, I'd run fetchmail to collect their
e-mail from the ISP and then their e-mail would wait in
/var/spool/mail/user_name until they checked their e-mail from their
Windows PC. Their PC's would send their e-mail directly to the ISP's
smtp server so I didn't configure sendmail or postfix.

With the change to my system to FC2, I discovered that pop3 is now
managed by the Cyrus IMAP mailer system. I worked out how to create
their mailboxes and login via cyrus but I am at a loss to find out how
	a. Convert their existing /var/spool/mail/xxx mailboxes
	to the Cyrus system
and
	b. Given they are casual users, I want to still use
	fetchmail to get their mail off the ISPs' system, so
	how do I get any new mail into the Cyrus system

Thanks in advance

Burn