FC2 Upgrade from FC1 - newbie needs help with 'kernel panic'

Steve steven.burke at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jun 1 02:51:39 UTC 2004

Hi,
I posted a request for help with this on Saturday.
Being new to the list I guess I should have put NVIDIA in the title to get a response.

Anyway.

I am running a dual boot with XP and FC1 (my wife uses XP ).
I am trying to upgrade FC1 to FC2 using the CD iso's.
I know that they work because I have successfully installed FC2 onto a laptop.

>From reading the list the last week I get the impression this may be a known issue, but I can't find
anything definitive.
Mostly because I am not sure where to look.

If someone could help me or point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

My system :
Intel Celeron 2.6ghz
Maxtor 91366U4 (12Gb) IDE
ST360015A        (60Gb) IDE