Re: fc2 will not install to sata

Linux wrote:
What kind of board do you have?  I have a Gigabyte IPE8000PRO2 and for
me FC2 loaded the ata_piix module and off it went!

Collen Blijenberg <MLHJ> wrote:

Well, FC2 - sata DIDN'T work fine here..!!
(was an amd64..)

rdc> Wrote FC2 to SATA fine here on an INTEL motherboard, dont know about

AMD

rdc> --
rdc>                                         Reg.Clemens
rdc>                                         reg dwf com

I have a Asus K8V standard 64 bit board, fc2 will not load to a serial ata
hard drive (maxtor 200gb) it loads fine if I replace the sata hd with and
ide hd so the rest of the hardware is ok.

Jeff

I think you'll find there's no sata driver - either ata or libata/scsi - for your chipset.  This is where having Fedora developers looking at the list would be great.