Samba problems

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Jun 1 10:34:55 UTC 2004

antonio montagnani wrote/ha scritto, On/il 01/06/2004 12:09:

> Suddenly (at least I cannot remember any change) I cannot use the
> Network server with samba as I get the following message
>

> Impossible to show smb:/// as Nautilus cannot contact SMB master browser.
> Please check if a SMB server is operating on local network
>
> And here are results of a testparm.....
>
> [root at Contec antoniomontagnani]# testparm
> Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> Processing section "[homes]"
> Processing section "[printers]"
> Processing section "[Aurat]"
> Loaded services file OK.
> Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
> Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>        server string = PC Antonio
>        null passwords = Yes
>        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
>        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>        max log size = 50
>        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>        os level = 10
>        dns proxy = No
>        guest ok = Yes
>        hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24
>
> [homes]
>        comment = Home Directories
>        read only = No
>
> [printers]
>        comment = All Printers
>        path = /var/spool/samba
>        printable = Yes
>        browseable = No
>
> [Aurat]
>        comment = Copia directory HP
>        path = /home/antoniomontagnani/HP
>        read only = No

Additional infos from command smbclient.....

 smbclient -L localhost -N
Domain=[CONTEC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.2-7.FC1]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        homes          Disk      Home Directories
        Aurat          Disk      Copia directory HP
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (PC Antonio)
        ADMIN$         IPC       IPC Service (PC Antonio)
        HP_Celeron     Printer   Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
        Epson810       Printer   Epson810
        antonio        Disk      Home Directories
Domain=[CONTEC] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.2-7.FC1]

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master
        WORKGROUP

Any clue??? I guess that the problem is that I cannot see any Server and any Master, but what shall I do???
--
 Antonio Montagnani
 Working with Mozilla 1.6 on Linux Fedora Core 1