For how long is Fedora Core 1 going to be updated?

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Tue Jun 1 14:07:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 09:27, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> Neither of those links actually answers the question, "When will FC1 be
> officially EOL?"  FC2 release + 2-3 months is rather vague.
Vague as it may be, I do believe that is the answer at this time. Some
one please correct me if I am wrong.

> Some folks
> (myself included) would like a date when we can expect to see "official" FC1
> support end.
Me too, I just don't think it's decided yet.  I agree that some
indication on the Fedora project schedule web page would be nice.

>  I don't believe that any such date has been decided yet and
> suspect that it will be based on when FC3 enters the pipleline as a test
> release.
AFAIK, you are right that it depends on when FC3 enters the picture,
that's why it is not a hard and fast date yet.

If you need a date set in stone, maybe check out RHEL.

> Chris

Craig Thomas