Video Capture/DVD production on Linux/Fedora

xyzzy at hotpop.com xyzzy at hotpop.com
Tue Jun 1 14:28:07 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 17:17, Anthony J Placilla wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 05:40, xyzzy at hotpop.com wrote:
> > I just bought a card called the TVDVAV Combo (see:
> > http://www.papyrus.co.il/Products/tv_program_digital_video_analog_video_a
> >ll-in-one.htm
> >
> > ... which looks pretty good but only seems to have software support for
> > Windows (of course :-(
> >
> > I was wondering if anybody could tell me how I find out if Linux already
> > has a driver that supports this card/chipset.
> >
> > Also, where can I find software that will allow me to capture from a VCR
> > or camcorder and then be able to edit the captured result, applying video
> > and audio effects (such as normalize, noise removal), and THEN create a
> > DVD with menus... does such software exist for Linux?  FOSS definitely
> > preferable.
>
> I can't speak to the first prt of your question.

I don't know for sure since I installed the card AND tried to boot up with a
newly compiled kernel at the same time, so one or the other caused me to fail
boot... I'll have to check it out in more detail, but, after more
investigation, if the kernel can see my board, I might be able to use
dvgrab...

> But for editing/modifying/composing I'd recommend you take a look at
> Kino
> http:///kino.schirmacher.de
>
> or Cinelerra
> http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
>
> --
> Tony Placilla, RHCT
> anthony_placilla at suth.com
>

> perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115),
> 10);'

Righteous!  Thanks - especially Cinelerra! I knew about kino, but not the
other.

Cute sig, btw...